The Fellowship Players – A Brief History
The Fellowship Players have existed in their present form since 1947, following the merger of St. Matthew’s Players and St. Luke’s Players, two independent theatre groups operating in the centre of Walsall. Performances were mounted at Blue Coat School.
From November 1965 we moved to The Grange Playhouse , putting on two plays per year, and this theatre has been at the heart of the company’s activities ever since. We added a third production to our regular season at the Playhouse in 1984 and a fourth in 2003.
In 2005 and 2006 we put on two Shakespeare productions at St. Francis of Assisi Technical College in Aldridge. In 2018, when The Grange was closed for fire safety upgrades, we went back to our roots and presented “The Ghost Train” and “Make It Murder” at Blue Coat School.
The Fellowship Players Today
The Fellowship Players are an amateur dramatics group and are a not-for-profit organisation run by committee, making regular donations to local charities.
Committee Members 2021-2022
|Chair||Alan Lowe (Acting)|
|Honorary Treasurer||Brian Lycett|
|Honorary Secretary||Stephen Ralph (Acting)|
|Publicity Officer||Dominic Holmes|
|Ticket Secretary||Anne Chamberlain|
|Trustees Rep||Rod Bissett|
|Set Construction Rep||Wayne Munday|
|Front of House Co-ordinator||Michelle Smith|
|Social Secretary||Rachel Holmes|
|Drama Directorate Rep||Stephen Ralph|
|Drama Directorate Members||Dave Brown, Sam Evans, Dominic Holmes, Sara Peltonen, Stephen Ralph|
|General Company Reps||Dave Brown, Dawn Vigurs|